Choosing One Of The Top Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Alaska
Finding the best therapeutic options for your struggling son can be a difficult and frustrating process. Equinox RTC, one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Alaska, understands how challenging finding the best fit for your son can be. As a residential treatment center for teen boys ages 14-18, Equinox RTC specializes in helping young men achieve academic and therapeutic success.
Equinox RTC helps Alaska teens through an approach that is focused on addressing the specific challenges and developmental needs of young men. Unlike other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth, our program is clinically intensive, neurologically-based, and adventure-filled.
Although not located in Alaska, Equinox RTC helps teens and families from all over the country.
Equinox RTC’s holistic therapeutic approach focuses on the mind-body connection, as well as healing the entire individual rather than problem areas. Our strong emphasis on neurological, emotional, and relationship-based therapeutic techniques can help your struggling son achieve his fullest potential.
At Equinox, one of the most effective Residential Programs For Troubled Youth, we believe that family involvement is a crucial part of personal growth and healing. Long lasting growth and success can not occur without the support of the entire family unit. Our family programming involves the entire family and includes weekly family therapy sessions, on-campus visits, and family seminars.
At Equinox, we help struggling teens from Alaska develop strong principles surrounding personal growth, family relationships, respect, and love. These principles help create an inside-out transformation that leads to lasting change.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Alaska teens in a Residential Programs For Troubled Youth setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption Issues
– Family Dysfunction
– Grief and Loss
– Self Harm
– Low Self Esteem
– Social Issues
– Impulse Control
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Equinox RTC Creates Lasting Success For Alaska Teens
At Equinox RTC, one of the top Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Alaska, we believe that a clinically-based therapeutic approach leads to a solid foundation for positive growth and development. Our clinical approach to therapy is based on decades of research conducted by members of our therapeutic staff.
Our approach to therapy is based on three clinical pillars:
- Experiential-Based: Our therapeutic program utilizes experiences to create a change in the perspectives and thought patterns of students. Experiential therapy may consist of indoor and/or outdoor activities that create healthy new perspectives through fun, challenging, and physical components.
- Focus on Relationships: Strong, trusting connections with others is the number one factor for lasting change. Our experienced therapeutic staff is specifically trained to nurture the relationships of students with their family members.
- Developing Strong Principles: Equinox focuses on creating internal change within young men through interventions which inspires the embracement of positive values and strong moral character.
Unlike other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Alaska, we utilize adventure therapy in addition to a traditional residential model. Throughout their stay at Equinox, young men will have the opportunity to increase their proficiency in a wide range of outdoor skills including rock climbing, canoeing, hiking, and kayaking.
Resources for Alaska Families Seeking Help
Psychology Today : Psychology Today has a wealth of information pertaining to a variety of issues within the mental health field. They have blogs and articles written by experts within the mental health industry on topics ranging from trauma and addiction to happiness and parenting. Another interesting aspect of their website is their Find A Therapist tool which can help your find local therapists in your area.
American Psychological Association (APA): The APA are leaders in the representation of psychology within the scientific field. They publish a wide array of resources revolving around many aspects of psychology. They aim to promote research and awareness of mental health and all areas of psychology. Their website has information on mental health ranging from depression to decreasing stress at school.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Alaska
Some examples of cities from Alaska which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RPFTY include: Anchorage
Equinox RTC helps Alaska families from:
- Early Parent Anxiety May Contribute to Symptoms of ADHDA recent study suggests that children of mothers who are anxious during pregnancy and in the first few years of the child’s life are more likely to show symptoms of hyperactivity by the age of 16. While hyperactivity is only one symptom of ADHD, this study shows the association between... Read more »
- Encouraging Balance When Your Son is Addicted to Video GamesVideo game technology seems to evolve by the month. Games that were cutting edge a few years ago, now seem antiquated. And teens are constantly on the lookout for the newest game or technology to use. We are just beginning to understand technology addiction and our society’s reliance on screen... Read more »
- Building Confidence in Teen Boys with Low Self EsteemA lot of times when we see the media talking about self-esteem and confidence, it is directed at teen girls. And while it is important for young women to build their confidence, it is equally important not to forget about young men as well. It is a myth that teen... Read more »