Getting Help For Your Teen at Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from DC
No parent wants to see their son struggle with behavioral or emotional challenges. At Equinox RTC, one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from DC, we help infuse light into the lives of young men who have experienced struggles in the past.
Programs for troubled teens DC families put their trust in are therapeutic facilities specifically designed to help young people work through emotional and behavioral challenges. These programs can be residential, meaning that your child will stay at the program during the treatment process.
Many Residential Programs For Troubled Youth focus on treating specific problem areas within students. At Equinox RTC, our holistic approach to therapy helps heal the entire individual: mind, body, and spirit. As a clinically intensive program based on the specific needs of young men, Equinox incorporates a variety of therapeutic techniques including adventure therapy, individual therapy, and specialized group therapy
Located just outside of North Carolina, Equinox helps teens and families from all over the country, including DC. According to many studies, being removed from their everyday environment can help teens focus on their own personal growth and healing.
Unlike other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth, we support growth and change in young men through an individualized approach to therapy and academics. Every aspect of our programming is designed to meet the specific developmental and emotional needs of teen boys between the ages of 14 and 18.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps DC teens in a Residential Programs For Troubled Youth setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Self Harm
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Social Issues
– Family Dysfunction
– Low Self Esteem
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Impulse Control
Successful Outcomes at one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from DC
Equinox RTC, one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from DC offers some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in the country. We utilize the archetypal Hero’s Journey as the framework for the healing journey of students at our program. We believe that each student has the ability to be their own hero. Through the multiple concepts and phases within the Hero’s Journey, students experience growth and change. Equinox also provides multiple other therapeutic approaches to help inspire change and growth within individuals.
Some of the other therapeutic approaches our residential treatment center offers include:
Milieu Therapy: At Equinox, we use an experiential approach that utilizes the residential environment to help boys observe and experience change in their everyday experiences. Milieu Therapy provides an intervention that is nearly impossible to recreate in traditional therapy settings. Positive peer culture is a therapeutic approach that utilizes the social culture of our community setting to create healthy changes in students.
Adventure Therapy: Adventure Therapy at Equinox, provides students with the ability to have meaningful learning opportunities through recreational activities such as mountain biking, canoeing, hiking, and rafting. Though these activities boys learn about teamwork, building trust and developing caring relationships.
Psychiatric Services: Equinox has a psychiatrist on staff who manages the medication and treatment needs of our students. Psychiatric care and medication management are a vital part of the holistic treatment approach. Many of our students who come to our program on medications, have positive responses to treatment that they eventually reduce or eliminate the need for medications.
Resources for DC Families Seeking Help
Wikidata : As Wikipedia’s sister site, Wikidata contains similar links as its more famous sibling. However, Wikidata is typically easier to read, as it provides short descriptions, connections to other resources, and online mentions, rather than the long-winded pages Wikipedia is famous for. By categorizing its items, Wikidata is a springboard for further research.
American Psychological Association (APA): The APA are leaders in the representation of psychology within the scientific field. They publish a wide array of resources revolving around many aspects of psychology. They aim to promote research and awareness of mental health and all areas of psychology. Their website has information on mental health ranging from depression to decreasing stress at school.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From DC
Some examples of cities from DC which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RPFTY include: Washington
Equinox RTC helps DC families from:
- My Teen Son Is Always Angry: How Can I Help Him?My Teen Son Is Always Angry: How Can I Help Him? Anger is an emotion that all of us feel at various points in our lives. During times of stress and uncertainty many of us feel angry at things we can’t control. Adolescence is a time of extreme stressors and uncertainty... Read more »
- How Does Anxiety Manifest Differently in Teenage Boys?While it is generally accepted that anxiety disorders are more prevalent among females than males, anxiety disorders are still one of the most common mental health struggles among teenage boys. Anxiety in boys is frequently ignored or attributed to other factors, especially as boys are seen as less likely to... Read more »
- How Does Acceptance and Commitment Therapy help teens struggling with anxiety?ACT, or Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, is a psychological wellness model that can help teens lead a more meaningful and fulfilling life. This form of therapy helps teens change their thought processes while building healthier behaviors and outlooks. Defusing Negative Thinking When working with teens through the lens of acceptance and commitment... Read more »