Finding The Best Therapeutic Solution For Your Iowa Teen
Parents searching for Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Iowa may have a frustrating and difficult task ahead of them. Sending your son to residential program for troubled youth that’s far away from home can feel like one of the hardest decisions youll ever make for your son. But it’s worth it in the end. At Equinox, we understand how hard this time is for parents. Our therapeutic program includes the family in every step of the therapeutic process in order to ensure lasting healing.
To help guide Iowa teens along their journey towards healing, our program utilizes the archetypal hero’s journey as a metaphor for the successful advancement of students through difficult challenges in their lives. Through their hero’s journey, each student experiences personal and psychological improvement through empowerment and learning more about who they are as people.
As one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Iowa, Equinox specializes in helping Iowa teens struggling with trauma and addictive behaviors heal and overcome their difficulties. We utilize top of the line therapeutic techniques to help struggling young men from Iowa find success and happiness. Therapeutic tools we utilize include:
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Gender-specific addictions treatments
One of the Leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Iowa: Equinox RTC
Determining which Residential Programs For Troubled Youth would be the best fit for your child from Iowa struggling with emotional or behavioral challenges is not an easy process. It’s important to determine if Residential Programs For Troubled Youth have the most appropriate treatment options and programming for your son.
At Equinox RTC, one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Iowa, our programming is tailored to specifically address the challenges teenage boys face. Everything from our recreational therapeutic approach to our personalized academic program is designed to help teen boys thrive.
In order for young men to achieve lasting success, therapeutic programming requires an emphasis on specific neurological, emotional, and physiological areas. Equinox RTC is dedicated to utilizing some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in order to recognize what works for each individual student.
Equinox RTC is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, but helps teens from all over the country including Iowa.
Unlike many other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Iowa, Equinox includes the entire family throughout the therapeutic process. Family involvement in the healing journey plays one of the most significant roles in the lasting success of students.
Throughout the program at Equinox, the archetypal Hero’s Journey is incorporated into every aspect of a student’s treatment process as a framework for his and his family’s therapeutic progress. All members of the family engage in assignments together as they learn, grow, and master new experiences. From there, they are able to continue on their journey towards success.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Iowa teens in a Residential Programs For Troubled Youth setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Self Harm
– Grief and Loss
– Family Dysfunction
– Low Self Esteem
– Social Issues
– Addictive Behaviors
– Adoption Issues
– Impulse Control
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Resources for Iowa Families Seeking Help
WebMD: WebMD is a trustworthy source of information about overall health concerns. Their website contains information about every health issue under the sun, including mental health struggles. They also have articles related to news within the health world. Information on their site ranges from healthy living, to tips for parents about raising a family.
Wikidata : As Wikipedia’s sister site, Wikidata contains similar links as its more famous sibling. However, Wikidata is typically easier to read, as it provides short descriptions, connections to other resources, and online mentions, rather than the long-winded pages Wikipedia is famous for. By categorizing its items, Wikidata is a springboard for further research.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Iowa
Some examples of cities from Iowa which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RPFTY include: Des Moines Cedar Rapids Davenport Sioux Iowa City Waterloo West Des Moines Ames Council Bluffs Dubuque Ankeny
Equinox RTC helps Iowa families from:
- How Does Anxiety Manifest Differently in Teenage Boys?While it is generally accepted that anxiety disorders are more prevalent among females than males, anxiety disorders are still one of the most common mental health struggles among teenage boys. Anxiety in boys is frequently ignored or attributed to other factors, especially as boys are seen as less likely to... Read more »
- 6 Tips to Help Your Teen Work on Improving Their Social SkillsThe adolescent years are challenging for most people. From surging hormones to brain changes, this can be a time when teens struggle with their social skills. Below are six tips for helping your teen learn how to improve their social skills: Let Them Order Their Own Food: The simple act of... Read more »
- How Does Acceptance and Commitment Therapy help teens struggling with anxiety?ACT, or Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, is a psychological wellness model that can help teens lead a more meaningful and fulfilling life. This form of therapy helps teens change their thought processes while building healthier behaviors and outlooks. Defusing Negative Thinking When working with teens through the lens of acceptance and commitment... Read more »