Residential Programs For Troubled Youth From Kentucky
Programs for troubled youth in Kentucky are therapeutic programs designed to help teens struggling with mental health challenges. They help teens who are working through depression, anxiety, trauma, and other behavioral/emotional issues.
Parents searching for Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Kentucky may have a frustrating and difficult task ahead of them. Sending your son to residential program for troubled youth that’s far away from home can feel like one of the hardest decisions you’ll ever make for your son. But it’s worth it in the end. At Equinox, we understand how hard this time is for parents. Our therapeutic program includes the family in every step of the therapeutic process in order to ensure lasting healing.
Equinox RTC is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, but helps teens from all over the country including Kentucky.
To help guide Kentucky teens along their journey towards healing, our program utilizes the archetypal hero’s journey as a metaphor for the successful advancement of students through difficult challenges in their lives. Through their hero’s journey, each student experiences personal and psychological improvement through empowerment and learning more about who they are as people.
As one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Kentucky, Equinox specializes in helping Kentucky teens struggling with trauma and addictive behaviors heal and overcome their difficulties. We utilize top of the line therapeutic techniques to help struggling young men from Kentucky find success and happiness. Therapeutic tools we utilize include:
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Gender-specific addictions treatments
One of the Leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Kentucky: Equinox RTC
Determining which Residential Programs For Troubled Youth would be the best fit for your child from Kentucky struggling with emotional or behavioral challenges is not an easy process. It’s important to determine if Residential Programs For Troubled Youth have the most appropriate treatment options and programming for your son.
At Equinox RTC, one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Kentucky, our programming is tailored to specifically address the challenges teenage boys face. Everything from our recreational therapeutic approach to our personalized academic program is designed to help teen boys thrive.
In order for young men to achieve lasting success, therapeutic programming requires an emphasis on specific neurological, emotional, and physiological areas. Equinox RTC is dedicated to utilizing some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in order to recognize what works for each individual student.
Unlike many other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Kentucky, Equinox includes the entire family throughout the therapeutic process. Family involvement in the healing journey plays one of the most significant roles in the lasting success of students.
Throughout the program at Equinox, the archetypal Hero’s Journey is incorporated into every aspect of a student’s treatment process as a framework for his and his family’s therapeutic progress. All members of the family engage in assignments together as they learn, grow, and master new experiences. From there, they are able to continue on their journey towards success.
Psychology Today : Psychology Today has a wealth of information pertaining to a variety of issues within the mental health field. They have blogs and articles written by experts within the mental health industry on topics ranging from trauma and addiction to happiness and parenting. Another interesting aspect of their website is their Find A Therapist tool which can help your find local therapists in your area.
The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) : The National Institute of Mental Health is the leading federal mental health research agency. Not only does the NIMH website provide information on many types of scientific progress in the mental health area, but it has designated areas listing the common mental illnesses, as well as extended explanations of each one. It also has articles related to a variety of topics within the mental health industry.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Kentucky teens in a Residential Programs For Troubled Youth setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Family Dysfunction
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Addictive Behaviors
– Grief and Loss
– Adoption Issues
– Impulse Control
– Low Self Esteem
– Asperger’s Disorder
Resources for Kentucky Families Seeking Help
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Kentucky
Some examples of cities from Kentucky which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RPFTY include: Louisville Lexington Bowling Green Owensboro Union
Equinox RTC helps Kentucky families from:
- How to Build Positive Friendships and What It Means to Be A Good FriendIt can be challenging to navigate friendships in the teenage years. Adolescent boys are striving to become their own people, separate from the family unit that has definite them during their early life. As their interests begin to change, their friend groups may begin to change as well. Teaching your... Read more »
- Encouraging Balance When Your Son is Addicted to Video GamesVideo game technology seems to evolve by the month. Games that were cutting edge a few years ago, now seem antiquated. And teens are constantly on the lookout for the newest game or technology to use. We are just beginning to understand technology addiction and our society’s reliance on screen... Read more »
- Building Confidence in Teen Boys with Low Self EsteemA lot of times when we see the media talking about self-esteem and confidence, it is directed at teen girls. And while it is important for young women to build their confidence, it is equally important not to forget about young men as well. It is a myth that teen... Read more »