Getting Help For Your Teen at Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from New Jersey
No parent wants to see their son struggle with behavioral or emotional challenges. At Equinox RTC, one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from New Jersey, we help infuse light into the lives of young men who have experienced struggles in the past.
Many Residential Programs For Troubled Youth focus on treating specific problem areas within students. At Equinox RTC, our holistic approach to therapy helps heal the entire individual: mind, body, and spirit. As a clinically intensive program based on the specific needs of young men, Equinox incorporates a variety of therapeutic techniques including adventure therapy, individual therapy, and specialized group therapy
Located just outside of North Carolina, Equinox helps teens and families from all over the country, including New Jersey. According to many studies, being removed from their everyday environment can help teens focus on their own personal growth and healing.
Unlike other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth, we support growth and change in young men through an individualized approach to therapy and academics. Every aspect of our programming is designed to meet the specific developmental and emotional needs of teen boys between the ages of 14 and 18.
Finding The Best Therapeutic Solution For Your New Jersey Teen
Parents searching for Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from New Jersey may have a frustrating and difficult task ahead of them. Sending your son to residential program for troubled youth that’s far away from home can feel like one of the hardest decisions youll ever make for your son. But it’s worth it in the end. At Equinox, we understand how hard this time is for parents. Our therapeutic program includes the family in every step of the therapeutic process in order to ensure lasting healing.
To help guide New Jersey teens along their journey towards healing, our program utilizes the archetypal hero’s journey as a metaphor for the successful advancement of students through difficult challenges in their lives. Through their hero’s journey, each student experiences personal and psychological improvement through empowerment and learning more about who they are as people.
As one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from New Jersey, Equinox specializes in helping New Jersey teens struggling with trauma and addictive behaviors heal and overcome their difficulties. We utilize top of the line therapeutic techniques to help struggling young men from New Jersey find success and happiness. Therapeutic tools we utilize include:
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Gender-specific addictions treatments
Our programming is based in recreational and holistic approaches. Experiential based therapy helps change negative behavioral patterns and encourages self confidence and relationship building.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps New Jersey teens in a Residential Programs For Troubled Youth setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Self Harm
– Addictive Behaviors
– Family Dysfunction
– Impulse Control
– Grief and Loss
– Adoption Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Social Issues
Resources for New Jersey Families Seeking Help
Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA): The ADAA provides a variety of information about mental health struggles, specifically anxiety and depression. It has articles and resources pertaining to issues like OCD, panic disorder, PTSD, and Bipolar Disorder. On their website, they share inspiring stories of people who have triumphed over their mental illness through treatment and self care.
Help Guide : A website dedicated to both children struggling with mental illness and their parents, HelpGuide contains a wealth of resources discussing virtually every area of teen mental health. HelpGuide provides easy-to-read guides outlining numerous facets of mental illness : such as the symptoms and warning signs that could point to the existence of a serious issue.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From New Jersey
Equinox RPFTY helps New Jersey families from cities and towns like: Deal Sea Girt Saddle River Spring Lake Stone Harbor Bay Head Englewood Cliffs Rumson Harding Township Avalon
Equinox RTC helps New Jersey families from:
Some examples of cities from New Jersey which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RPFTY include: Newark Jersey Paterson Elizabeth Clifton Trenton Camden Passaic Union Bayonne East Orange Vineland New Brunswick Hoboken West New York town Perth Amboy Plainfield
- My Teen Son Is Always Angry: How Can I Help Him?My Teen Son Is Always Angry: How Can I Help Him? Anger is an emotion that all of us feel at various points in our lives. During times of stress and uncertainty many of us feel angry at things we can’t control. Adolescence is a time of extreme stressors and uncertainty... Read more »
- Spring Equinox Marks Turning Point for Teens with Seasonal Affective DisorderSpring Equinox Marks Turning Point for Teens with Seasonal Affective Disorder One of the main causes of seasonal affective disorder is deficiency of sunlight in the winter months. For teens who are struggling with seasonal affective disorder, their mood often shifts around the Spring Equinox, but they may continue to struggle... Read more »
- Emotional Issues In Teen Boys: Getting Teen Boys Talking About EmotionsA NYT article addressing men and emotional honesty begins with this anecdote: “Last semester, a student in the masculinity course I teach showed a video clip she had found online of a toddler getting what appeared to be his first vaccinations. Off-camera, we hear his father’s voice. “I’ll hold your hand,... Read more »