Getting Help For Your Teen at Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from New Mexico
No parent wants to see their son struggle with behavioral or emotional challenges. At Equinox RTC, one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from New Mexico, we help infuse light into the lives of young men who have experienced struggles in the past.
Many Residential Programs For Troubled Youth focus on treating specific problem areas within students. At Equinox RTC, our holistic approach to therapy helps heal the entire individual: mind, body, and spirit. As a clinically intensive program based on the specific needs of young men, Equinox incorporates a variety of therapeutic techniques including adventure therapy, individual therapy, and specialized group therapy
Located just outside of North Carolina, Equinox helps teens and families from all over the country, including New Mexico. According to many studies, being removed from their everyday environment can help teens focus on their own personal growth and healing.
Unlike other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth, we support growth and change in young men through an individualized approach to therapy and academics. Every aspect of our programming is designed to meet the specific developmental and emotional needs of teen boys between the ages of 14 and 18.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps New Mexico teens in a Residential Programs For Troubled Youth setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Grief and Loss
– Family Dysfunction
– Self Harm
– Addictive Behaviors
– Adoption Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Social Issues
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Finding The Best Therapeutic Solution For Your New Mexico Teen
Parents searching for Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from New Mexico may have a frustrating and difficult task ahead of them. Sending your son to residential program for troubled youth that’s far away from home can feel like one of the hardest decisions you’ll ever make for your son. But it’s worth it in the end. At Equinox, we understand how hard this time is for parents. Our therapeutic program includes the family in every step of the therapeutic process in order to ensure lasting healing.
To help guide New Mexico teens along their journey towards healing, our program utilizes the archetypal hero’s journey as a metaphor for the successful advancement of students through difficult challenges in their lives. Through their hero’s journey, each student experiences personal and psychological improvement through empowerment and learning more about who they are as people.
As one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from New Mexico, Equinox specializes in helping New Mexico teens struggling with trauma and addictive behaviors heal and overcome their difficulties. We utilize top of the line therapeutic techniques to help struggling young men from New Mexico find success and happiness. Therapeutic tools we utilize include:
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Gender-specific addictions treatments
Our programming is based in recreational and holistic approaches. Experiential based therapy helps change negative behavioral patterns and encourages self confidence and relationship building.
Resources for New Mexico Families Seeking Help
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) : NAMI is an association that provides multiple resources for individuals who are struggling with a variety of mental health issues, or families who have a loved one dealing with mental health. Nami offers generalized mental health information, and also local resources to help each specific visitor find the help they need. NAMI works to reduce the stigma of mental health and raise awareness on the various mental health issues individuals commonly battle today.
Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA): The ADAA provides a variety of information about mental health struggles, specifically anxiety and depression. It has articles and resources pertaining to issues like OCD, panic disorder, PTSD, and Bipolar Disorder. On their website, they share inspiring stories of people who have triumphed over their mental illness through treatment and self care.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From New Mexico
Some examples of cities from New Mexico which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RPFTY include: Albuquerque Las Cruces Rio Rancho Santa Fe Lamy
Equinox RTC helps New Mexico families from:
- Building Confidence in Teen Boys with Low Self EsteemA lot of times when we see the media talking about self-esteem and confidence, it is directed at teen girls. And while it is important for young women to build their confidence, it is equally important not to forget about young men as well. It is a myth that teen... Read more »
- Why is My Son Refusing School?It’s common at some point in every teen’s life to tell their parents they don’t want to go to school, but in some cases, teens can outright refuse to go to school for extended periods of time. If your teen son has been demonstrating school refusal, it’s important to discover... Read more »
- Dealing with the feelings: How to Help Teen Boys Cope with TraumaHas your teen suddenly become distant or more on edge? This could be a result of normal growing pains or it could be something more. This new behavior can easily be mistaken for a phase or moodiness. But if your teen has recently witnessed or experienced something traumatic, you should... Read more »