One of the Leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Oklahoma: Equinox RTC
Determining which Residential Programs For Troubled Youth would be the best fit for your child from Oklahoma struggling with emotional or behavioral challenges is not an easy process. Its important to determine if Residential Programs For Troubled Youth have the most appropriate treatment options and programming for your son.
At Equinox RTC, one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Oklahoma, our programming is tailored to specifically address the challenges teenage boys face. Everything from our recreational therapeutic approach to our personalized academic program is designed to help teen boys thrive.
In order for young men to achieve lasting success, therapeutic programming requires an emphasis on specific neurological, emotional, and physiological areas. Equinox RTC is dedicated to utilizing some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in order to recognize what works for each individual student.
Equinox RTC is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, but helps teens from all over the country including Oklahoma.
Unlike many other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Oklahoma, Equinox includes the entire family throughout the therapeutic process. Family involvement in the healing journey plays one of the most significant roles in the lasting success of students.
Throughout the program at Equinox, the archetypal Heros Journey is incorporated into every aspect of a students treatment process as a framework for his and his familys therapeutic progress. All members of the family engage in assignments together as they learn, grow, and master new experiences. From there, they are able to continue on their journey towards success.
Equinox RTC Creates Lasting Success For Oklahoma Teens
At Equinox RTC, one of the top Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Oklahoma, we believe that a clinically-based therapeutic approach leads to a solid foundation for positive growth and development. Our clinical approach to therapy is based on decades of research conducted by members of our therapeutic staff.
Our approach to therapy is based on three clinical pillars:
- Experiential-Based: Our therapeutic program utilizes experiences to create a change in the perspectives and thought patterns of students. Experiential therapy may consist of indoor and/or outdoor activities that create healthy new perspectives through fun, challenging, and physical components.
- Focus on Relationships: Strong, trusting connections with others is the number one factor for lasting change. Our experienced therapeutic staff is specifically trained to nurture the relationships of students with their family members.
- Developing Strong Principles: Equinox focuses on creating internal change within young men through interventions which inspires the embracement of positive values and strong moral character.
Unlike other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Oklahoma, we utilize adventure therapy in addition to a traditional residential model. Throughout their stay at Equinox, young men will have the opportunity to increase their proficiency in a wide range of outdoor skills including rock climbing, canoeing, hiking, and kayaking.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Oklahoma teens in a Residential Programs For Troubled Youth setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Addictive Behaviors
– Impulse Control
– Family Dysfunction
– Grief and Loss
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Social Issues
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Self Harm
Resources for Oklahoma Families Seeking Help
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP): The AACAP provides information about mental health treatment for young people and parents. It was created to promote the mental health of children and adolescents. Their website is organized by topic, so it is easy to look for specific information. It can help parents discern which treatment options are available for their child.
Help Guide : A website dedicated to both children struggling with mental illness and their parents, HelpGuide contains a wealth of resources discussing virtually every area of teen mental health. HelpGuide provides easy-to-read guides outlining numerous facets of mental illness such as the symptoms and warning signs that could point to the existence of a serious issue.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Oklahoma
Equinox RPFTY helps Oklahoma families from cities and towns like: Nichols Hills Edmond Goldsby Forest Park Piedmont Jenks Bixby Newcastle Blanchard Dickson
Equinox RTC helps Oklahoma families from:
- Gaming Disorder Recognized as an Major Health Problem for Teens in ICDRecently, the World Health Organization officially recognized Gaming Disorder in the newest edition of the International Classification of Diseases, after years of debate. Excessive technology use has been discussed as a major public health issue among teens for a while, but we are only beginning to explore treatments for gaming... Read more »
- An Outdoor Experience: Self-Esteem and Adventure TherapyHealthy self-esteem is critical to the lives of young people. Self-esteem reflects one’s self-concept. Young people especially spend a lot of time concerned with their sense of self—the pressures from peers and societal standards can impact this. As a parent, you cannot enforce a heightened sense of self-esteem into your... Read more »
- Socially Isolated Teen: When to WorryDid you know there is a difference between a socially isolated teen and an introverted teen? If you did not previously know this, well now you do. Social isolation could be a sign of depression. However, just because your teen prefers to be alone does not mean there is an... Read more »