One of the Leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Oregon: Equinox RTC
Determining which Residential Programs For Troubled Youth would be the best fit for your child from Oregon struggling with emotional or behavioral challenges is not an easy process. It’s important to determine if Residential Programs For Troubled Youth have the most appropriate treatment options and programming for your son.
At Equinox RTC, one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Oregon, our programming is tailored to specifically address the challenges teenage boys face. Everything from our recreational therapeutic approach to our personalized academic program is designed to help teen boys thrive.
In order for young men to achieve lasting success, therapeutic programming requires an emphasis on specific neurological, emotional, and physiological areas. Equinox RTC is dedicated to utilizing some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in order to recognize what works for each individual student.
Equinox RTC is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, but helps teens from all over the country including Oregon.
Unlike many other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Oregon, Equinox includes the entire family throughout the therapeutic process. Family involvement in the healing journey plays one of the most significant roles in the lasting success of students.
Throughout the program at Equinox, the archetypal Hero’s Journey is incorporated into every aspect of a student’s treatment process as a framework for his and his family’s therapeutic progress. All members of the family engage in assignments together as they learn, grow, and master new experiences. From there, they are able to continue on their journey towards success.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Oregon teens in a Residential Programs For Troubled Youth setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Addictive Behaviors
– Family Dysfunction
– Social Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Impulse Control
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Self Harm
– Grief and Loss
Equinox RTC Creates Lasting Success For Oregon Teens
At Equinox RTC, one of the top Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Oregon, we believe that a clinically-based therapeutic approach leads to a solid foundation for positive growth and development. Our clinical approach to therapy is based on decades of research conducted by members of our therapeutic staff.
Our approach to therapy is based on three clinical pillars:
- Experiential-Based: Our therapeutic program utilizes experiences to create a change in the perspectives and thought patterns of students. Experiential therapy may consist of indoor and/or outdoor activities that create healthy new perspectives through fun, challenging, and physical components.
- Focus on Relationships: Strong, trusting connections with others is the number one factor for lasting change. Our experienced therapeutic staff is specifically trained to nurture the relationships of students with their family members.
- Developing Strong Principles: Equinox focuses on creating internal change within young men through interventions which inspires the embracement of positive values and strong moral character.
Unlike other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Oregon, we utilize adventure therapy in addition to a traditional residential model. Throughout their stay at Equinox, young men will have the opportunity to increase their proficiency in a wide range of outdoor skills including rock climbing, canoeing, hiking, and kayaking.
Resources for Oregon Families Seeking Help
Help Guide : A website dedicated to both children struggling with mental illness and their parents, HelpGuide contains a wealth of resources discussing virtually every area of teen mental health. HelpGuide provides easy-to-read guides outlining numerous facets of mental illness : such as the symptoms and warning signs that could point to the existence of a serious issue.
Wikidata : As Wikipedia’s sister site, Wikidata contains similar links as its more famous sibling. However, Wikidata is typically easier to read, as it provides short descriptions, connections to other resources, and online mentions, rather than the long-winded pages Wikipedia is famous for. By categorizing its items, Wikidata is a springboard for further research.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Oregon
Some examples of cities from Oregon which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RPFTY include: Portland Salem Eugene Gresham Hillsboro Beaverton Bend Medford Springfield Corvallis Albany Tigard
Equinox RTC helps Oregon families from:
- Why is My Son Refusing School?It’s common at some point in every teen’s life to tell their parents they don’t want to go to school, but in some cases, teens can outright refuse to go to school for extended periods of time. If your teen son has been demonstrating school refusal, it’s important to discover... Read more »
- Early Parent Anxiety May Contribute to Symptoms of ADHDA recent study suggests that children of mothers who are anxious during pregnancy and in the first few years of the child’s life are more likely to show symptoms of hyperactivity by the age of 16. While hyperactivity is only one symptom of ADHD, this study shows the association between... Read more »
- Healing Through Doing: Therapeutic Programming At Equinox RTCThere are many challenges that teen boys may face from trauma to addiction to mental health disorders. As a parent, we want what is best for our child, but it can sometimes be difficult to figure out just what exactly is the best option for dealing with these issues. The entire... Read more »