Equinox RTC Creates Lasting Success For Rhode Island Teens
At Equinox RTC, one of the top Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Rhode Island, we believe that a clinically-based therapeutic approach leads to a solid foundation for positive growth and development. Our clinical approach to therapy is based on decades of research conducted by members of our therapeutic staff.
Our approach to therapy is based on three clinical pillars:
- Experiential-Based: Our therapeutic program utilizes experiences to create a change in the perspectives and thought patterns of students. Experiential therapy may consist of indoor and/or outdoor activities that create healthy new perspectives through fun, challenging, and physical components.
- Focus on Relationships: Strong, trusting connections with others is the number one factor for lasting change. Our experienced therapeutic staff is specifically trained to nurture the relationships of students with their family members.
- Developing Strong Principles: Equinox focuses on creating internal change within young men through interventions which inspires the embracement of positive values and strong moral character.
Unlike other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Rhode Island, we utilize adventure therapy in addition to a traditional residential model. Throughout their stay at Equinox, young men will have the opportunity to increase their proficiency in a wide range of outdoor skills including rock climbing, canoeing, hiking, and kayaking.
One of the Leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Rhode Island: Equinox RTC
Determining which Residential Programs For Troubled Youth would be the best fit for your child from Rhode Island struggling with emotional or behavioral challenges is not an easy process. Its important to determine if Residential Programs For Troubled Youth have the most appropriate treatment options and programming for your son.
At Equinox RTC, one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Rhode Island, our programming is tailored to specifically address the challenges teenage boys face. Everything from our recreational therapeutic approach to our personalized academic program is designed to help teen boys thrive.
In order for young men to achieve lasting success, therapeutic programming requires an emphasis on specific neurological, emotional, and physiological areas. Equinox RTC is dedicated to utilizing some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in order to recognize what works for each individual student.
Equinox RTC is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, but helps teens from all over the country including Rhode Island.
Unlike many other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from Rhode Island, Equinox includes the entire family throughout the therapeutic process. Family involvement in the healing journey plays one of the most significant roles in the lasting success of students.
Throughout the program at Equinox, the archetypal Heros Journey is incorporated into every aspect of a students treatment process as a framework for his and his familys therapeutic progress. All members of the family engage in assignments together as they learn, grow, and master new experiences. From there, they are able to continue on their journey towards success.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Rhode Island teens in a Residential Programs For Troubled Youth setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Social Issues
– Impulse Control
– Self Harm
– Addictive Behaviors
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Grief and Loss
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Poor Relationship Choices
Resources for Rhode Island Families Seeking Help
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) : NAMI is an association that provides multiple resources for individuals who are struggling with a variety of mental health issues, or families who have a loved one dealing with mental health. Nami offers generalized mental health information, and also local resources to help each specific visitor find the help they need. NAMI works to reduce the stigma of mental health and raise awareness on the various mental health issues individuals commonly battle today.
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP): The AACAP provides information about mental health treatment for young people and parents. It was created to promote the mental health of children and adolescents. Their website is organized by topic, so it is easy to look for specific information. It can help parents discern which treatment options are available for their child.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Rhode Island
Some examples of cities from Rhode Island which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RPFTY include: Providence Warwick Cranston Pawtucket Jamestown
Equinox RTC helps Rhode Island families from:
- Guiding Troubled Teens on a Hero’s JourneyMany teens struggling with a variety of emotional, social, and behavioral issues are often referred to as “troubled.” At Equinox, we reject the stigma attached to the phrase “troubled” and make a greater effort to understand the underlying issues that have contributed to “troubling” behaviors. We believe labels like “troubled... Read more »
- Exploring Dimensions of Anger in Teen BoysAnger is a universal emotion, yet it can be experienced in so many different ways—from annoyance to frustration to outrage, to name a few. As a secondary emotion, anger is an umbrella term for a number of underlying issues that are often more easily summarized as anger. While girls are... Read more »
- Context is Key in Teen Trauma DiagnosisThe impact of trauma varies depending on a variety of factors, not just the type of events leading to post-traumatic stress. As a result of growing research on the impact of trauma, researchers are beginning to understand that trauma is a risk factor for future adversity, victimization, and negative coping... Read more »