One of the Leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from South Carolina: Equinox RTC
Determining which Residential Programs For Troubled Youth would be the best fit for your child from South Carolina struggling with emotional or behavioral challenges is not an easy process. Schools for troubled youth in South Carolina are programs that provide therapeutic support to teens struggling with emotional and behavioral challenges. It’s important to determine if Residential Programs For Troubled Youth have the most appropriate treatment options and programming for your son.
At Equinox RTC, one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from South Carolina, our programming is tailored to specifically address the challenges teenage boys face. Everything from our recreational therapeutic approach to our personalized academic program is designed to help teen boys thrive.
In order for young men to achieve lasting success, therapeutic programming requires an emphasis on specific neurological, emotional, and physiological areas. Equinox RTC is dedicated to utilizing some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in order to recognize what works for each individual student.
Equinox RTC is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, but helps teens from all over the country including South Carolina.
Unlike many other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from South Carolina, Equinox includes the entire family throughout the therapeutic process. Family involvement in the healing journey plays one of the most significant roles in the lasting success of students.
Throughout the program at Equinox, the archetypal Hero’s Journey is incorporated into every aspect of a student’s treatment process as a framework for his and his familys therapeutic progress. All members of the family engage in assignments together as they learn, grow, and master new experiences. From there, they are able to continue on their journey towards success.
Equinox RTC Creates Lasting Success For South Carolina Teens
At Equinox RTC, one of the top Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from South Carolina, we believe that a clinically-based therapeutic approach leads to a solid foundation for positive growth and development. Our clinical approach to therapy is based on decades of research conducted by members of our therapeutic staff.
Our approach to therapy is based on three clinical pillars:
- Experiential-Based: Our therapeutic program utilizes experiences to create a change in the perspectives and thought patterns of students. Experiential therapy may consist of indoor and/or outdoor activities that create healthy new perspectives through fun, challenging, and physical components.
- Focus on Relationships: Strong, trusting connections with others is the number one factor for lasting change. Our experienced therapeutic staff is specifically trained to nurture the relationships of students with their family members.
- Developing Strong Principles: Equinox focuses on creating internal change within young men through interventions which inspires the embracement of positive values and strong moral character.
Unlike other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from South Carolina, we utilize adventure therapy in addition to a traditional residential model. Throughout their stay at Equinox, young men will have the opportunity to increase their proficiency in a wide range of outdoor skills including rock climbing, canoeing, hiking, and kayaking.
Wikidata : As Wikipedia’s sister site, Wikidata contains similar links as its more famous sibling. However, Wikidata is typically easier to read, as it provides short descriptions, connections to other resources, and online mentions, rather than the long-winded pages Wikipedia is famous for. By categorizing its items, Wikidata is a springboard for further research.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) : NAMI is an association that provides multiple resources for individuals who are struggling with a variety of mental health issues, or families who have a loved one dealing with mental health. Nami offers generalized mental health information, and also local resources to help each specific visitor find the help they need. NAMI works to reduce the stigma of mental health and raise awareness on the various mental health issues individuals commonly battle today.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps South Carolina teens in a Residential Programs For Troubled Youth setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Impulse Control
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Adoption Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Grief and Loss
– Self Harm
– Social Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Addictive Behaviors
– Poor Relationship Choices
Resources for South Carolina Families Seeking Help
Equinox RTC Helps Families From South Carolina
Equinox RPFTY helps South Carolina families from cities and towns like: Sullivans Island Kiawah Island Isle of Palms Folly Beach Seabrook Island Meggett Mount Pleasant Hilton Head Island Awendaw Edisto Beach
Equinox RTC helps South Carolina families from:
- How To Talk To Screenagers When Social Media Affects CommunicationAs more children grow up as digital natives, they are learning to communicate with others through screens more than they socialize in-person. The social rules that they learn online are often focused on how to present themselves as interesting and agreeable rather than how to connect with others authentically. The... Read more »
- Is Vaping a Safer Alternative to Smoking for Teens?It’s been over 60 years since Congress mandated health warnings be labeled on packs of cigarettes and 40 since advertising was banned on radio and television, but in recent years, teen nicotine use is on the rise again, in the form of e-cigarettes. Last year, the FDA announced that vaping... Read more »
- Benefit of Recreation Activities for Teen BoysNot all types of therapy focus on talking about emotions and problem behaviors. There is a growing field of research that emphasizes the importance of participating in fun recreation activities as well as learning healthier coping mechanisms. In fact, they often overlap. Recreation activities are incorporated into residential programs to... Read more »