Equinox RTC Creates Lasting Success For South Dakota Teens
At Equinox RTC, one of the top Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from South Dakota, we believe that a clinically-based therapeutic approach leads to a solid foundation for positive growth and development. Our clinical approach to therapy is based on decades of research conducted by members of our therapeutic staff.
Our approach to therapy is based on three clinical pillars:
- Experiential-Based: Our therapeutic program utilizes experiences to create a change in the perspectives and thought patterns of students. Experiential therapy may consist of indoor and/or outdoor activities that create healthy new perspectives through fun, challenging, and physical components.
- Focus on Relationships: Strong, trusting connections with others is the number one factor for lasting change. Our experienced therapeutic staff is specifically trained to nurture the relationships of students with their family members.
- Developing Strong Principles: Equinox focuses on creating internal change within young men through interventions which inspires the embracement of positive values and strong moral character.
Unlike other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from South Dakota, we utilize adventure therapy in addition to a traditional residential model. Throughout their stay at Equinox, young men will have the opportunity to increase their proficiency in a wide range of outdoor skills including rock climbing, canoeing, hiking, and kayaking.
One of the Leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from South Dakota: Equinox RTC
Determining which Residential Programs For Troubled Youth would be the best fit for your child from South Dakota struggling with emotional or behavioral challenges is not an easy process. It’s important to determine if Residential Programs For Troubled Youth have the most appropriate treatment options and programming for your son.
At Equinox RTC, one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from South Dakota, our programming is tailored to specifically address the challenges teenage boys face. Everything from our recreational therapeutic approach to our personalized academic program is designed to help teen boys thrive.
In order for young men to achieve lasting success, therapeutic programming requires an emphasis on specific neurological, emotional, and physiological areas. Equinox RTC is dedicated to utilizing some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in order to recognize what works for each individual student.
Equinox RTC is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, but helps teens from all over the country including South Dakota.
Unlike many other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from South Dakota, Equinox includes the entire family throughout the therapeutic process. Family involvement in the healing journey plays one of the most significant roles in the lasting success of students.
Throughout the program at Equinox, the archetypal Hero’s Journey is incorporated into every aspect of a student’s treatment process as a framework for his and his family’s therapeutic progress. All members of the family engage in assignments together as they learn, grow, and master new experiences. From there, they are able to continue on their journey towards success.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) : NAMI is an association that provides multiple resources for individuals who are struggling with a variety of mental health issues, or families who have a loved one dealing with mental health. Nami offers generalized mental health information, and also local resources to help each specific visitor find the help they need. NAMI works to reduce the stigma of mental health and raise awareness on the various mental health issues individuals commonly battle today.
Mental Health : Website of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, MentalHealth.gov provides a wide variety of resources on mental illness, for sufferers of any age. Ranging from the struggles that people with mental illness encounter daily, to coping mechanisms, descriptions, and research, MentalHealth.gov is an invaluable resource for teens and parents alike.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps South Dakota teens in a Residential Programs For Troubled Youth setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Addictive Behaviors
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Adoption Issues
– Self Harm
– Grief and Loss
– Impulse Control
– Low Self Esteem
– Family Dysfunction
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Social Issues
Resources for South Dakota Families Seeking Help
Equinox RTC Helps Families From South Dakota
Some examples of cities from South Dakota which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RPFTY include: Sioux Falls Rapid Hartford
Equinox RTC helps South Dakota families from:
- Healing Through Doing: Therapeutic Programming At Equinox RTCThere are many challenges that teen boys may face from trauma to addiction to mental health disorders. As a parent, we want what is best for our child, but it can sometimes be difficult to figure out just what exactly is the best option for dealing with these issues. The entire... Read more »
- Why is My Son Refusing School?It’s common at some point in every teen’s life to tell their parents they don’t want to go to school, but in some cases, teens can outright refuse to go to school for extended periods of time. If your teen son has been demonstrating school refusal, it’s important to discover... Read more »
- Building Confidence in Teen Boys with Low Self EsteemA lot of times when we see the media talking about self-esteem and confidence, it is directed at teen girls. And while it is important for young women to build their confidence, it is equally important not to forget about young men as well. It is a myth that teen... Read more »