Getting Help For Your Teen at Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from West Virginia
No parent wants to see their son struggle with behavioral or emotional challenges. At Equinox RTC, one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from West Virginia, we help infuse light into the lives of young men who have experienced struggles in the past.
Many Residential Programs For Troubled Youth focus on treating specific problem areas within students. At Equinox RTC, our holistic approach to therapy helps heal the entire individual: mind, body, and spirit. As a clinically intensive program based on the specific needs of young men, Equinox incorporates a variety of therapeutic techniques including adventure therapy, individual therapy, and specialized group therapy
Located just outside of North Carolina, Equinox helps teens and families from all over the country, including West Virginia. According to many studies, being removed from their everyday environment can help teens focus on their own personal growth and healing.
Unlike other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth, we support growth and change in young men through an individualized approach to therapy and academics. Every aspect of our programming is designed to meet the specific developmental and emotional needs of teen boys between the ages of 14 and 18.
Equinox RTC Creates Lasting Success For West Virginia Teens
At Equinox RTC, one of the top Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from West Virginia, we believe that a clinically-based therapeutic approach leads to a solid foundation for positive growth and development. Our clinical approach to therapy is based on decades of research conducted by members of our therapeutic staff.
Our approach to therapy is based on three clinical pillars:
- Experiential-Based: Our therapeutic program utilizes experiences to create a change in the perspectives and thought patterns of students. Experiential therapy may consist of indoor and/or outdoor activities that create healthy new perspectives through fun, challenging, and physical components.
- Focus on Relationships: Strong, trusting connections with others is the number one factor for lasting change. Our experienced therapeutic staff is specifically trained to nurture the relationships of students with their family members.
- Developing Strong Principles: Equinox focuses on creating internal change within young men through interventions which inspires the embracement of positive values and strong moral character.
Unlike other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from West Virginia, we utilize adventure therapy in addition to a traditional residential model. Throughout their stay at Equinox, young men will have the opportunity to increase their proficiency in a wide range of outdoor skills including rock climbing, canoeing, hiking, and kayaking.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps West Virginia teens in a Residential Programs For Troubled Youth setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Grief and Loss
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Addictive Behaviors
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Self Harm
– Impulse Control
– Adoption Issues
– Family Dysfunction
– Social Issues
– Low Self Esteem
Resources for West Virginia Families Seeking Help
Mental Health : Website of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, MentalHealth.gov provides a wide variety of resources on mental illness, for sufferers of any age. Ranging from the struggles that people with mental illness encounter daily, to coping mechanisms, descriptions, and research, MentalHealth.gov is an invaluable resource for teens and parents alike.
WebMD: WebMD is a trustworthy source of information about overall health concerns. Their website contains information about every health issue under the sun, including mental health struggles. They also have articles related to news within the health world. Information on their site ranges from healthy living, to tips for parents about raising a family.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From West Virginia
Equinox RPFTY helps West Virginia families from cities and towns like: Shepherdstown Cheat Lake Shenandoah Junction Summit Point Charles Town Morgantown Brookhaven Kearneysville Bolivar Westover
Equinox RTC helps West Virginia families from:
- Help for Troubled Son Away from Home: Why Choose Residential TreatmentTeens can be difficult during their adolescent years. This is often due to a new wave of hormones, societal standards, and peer pressure can be overwhelming for them and their attitude may reflect that. Often, some of these behaviors are “normal” teenage behaviors. However, this type of normality does have... Read more »
- A Parent’s Guide: Help for Nonverbal Learning DisordersNonverbal learning disorders can create challenges in the lives of boys. As a parent, finding the best way to help them cope with this disorder can be challenging also. All parents want their children to be successful at school and get the education they deserve. So it is important that... Read more »
- An Outdoor Experience: Self-Esteem and Adventure TherapyHealthy self-esteem is critical to the lives of young people. Self-esteem reflects one’s self-concept. Young people especially spend a lot of time concerned with their sense of self—the pressures from peers and societal standards can impact this. As a parent, you cannot enforce a heightened sense of self-esteem into your... Read more »