Getting Help For Your Teen at Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from West Virginia
No parent wants to see their son struggle with behavioral or emotional challenges. At Equinox RTC, one of the leading Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from West Virginia, we help infuse light into the lives of young men who have experienced struggles in the past.
Many Residential Programs For Troubled Youth focus on treating specific problem areas within students. At Equinox RTC, our holistic approach to therapy helps heal the entire individual: mind, body, and spirit. As a clinically intensive program based on the specific needs of young men, Equinox incorporates a variety of therapeutic techniques including adventure therapy, individual therapy, and specialized group therapy
Located just outside of North Carolina, Equinox helps teens and families from all over the country, including West Virginia. According to many studies, being removed from their everyday environment can help teens focus on their own personal growth and healing.
Unlike other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth, we support growth and change in young men through an individualized approach to therapy and academics. Every aspect of our programming is designed to meet the specific developmental and emotional needs of teen boys between the ages of 14 and 18.
Equinox RTC Creates Lasting Success For West Virginia Teens
At Equinox RTC, one of the top Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from West Virginia, we believe that a clinically-based therapeutic approach leads to a solid foundation for positive growth and development. Our clinical approach to therapy is based on decades of research conducted by members of our therapeutic staff.
Our approach to therapy is based on three clinical pillars:
- Experiential-Based: Our therapeutic program utilizes experiences to create a change in the perspectives and thought patterns of students. Experiential therapy may consist of indoor and/or outdoor activities that create healthy new perspectives through fun, challenging, and physical components.
- Focus on Relationships: Strong, trusting connections with others is the number one factor for lasting change. Our experienced therapeutic staff is specifically trained to nurture the relationships of students with their family members.
- Developing Strong Principles: Equinox focuses on creating internal change within young men through interventions which inspires the embracement of positive values and strong moral character.
Unlike other Residential Programs For Troubled Youth from West Virginia, we utilize adventure therapy in addition to a traditional residential model. Throughout their stay at Equinox, young men will have the opportunity to increase their proficiency in a wide range of outdoor skills including rock climbing, canoeing, hiking, and kayaking.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps West Virginia teens in a Residential Programs For Troubled Youth setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Grief and Loss
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Addictive Behaviors
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Self Harm
– Impulse Control
– Adoption Issues
– Family Dysfunction
– Social Issues
– Low Self Esteem
Resources for West Virginia Families Seeking Help
Mental Health : Website of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, MentalHealth.gov provides a wide variety of resources on mental illness, for sufferers of any age. Ranging from the struggles that people with mental illness encounter daily, to coping mechanisms, descriptions, and research, MentalHealth.gov is an invaluable resource for teens and parents alike.
WebMD: WebMD is a trustworthy source of information about overall health concerns. Their website contains information about every health issue under the sun, including mental health struggles. They also have articles related to news within the health world. Information on their site ranges from healthy living, to tips for parents about raising a family.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From West Virginia
Equinox RPFTY helps West Virginia families from cities and towns like: Shepherdstown Cheat Lake Shenandoah Junction Summit Point Charles Town Morgantown Brookhaven Kearneysville Bolivar Westover
Equinox RTC helps West Virginia families from:
- The Crisis of Connection: The Value of Male FriendshipsWhile we tend to think of teen girls as social butterflies that establish cliques during adolescence, teen boys usually fall into one of two categories: popular or rejected. Popular boys are well-liked and respected by most people, but often lack close connections. Rejected teen boys often withdraw socially when they... Read more »
- Is Vaping a Safer Alternative to Smoking for Teens?It’s been over 60 years since Congress mandated health warnings be labeled on packs of cigarettes and 40 since advertising was banned on radio and television, but in recent years, teen nicotine use is on the rise again, in the form of e-cigarettes. Last year, the FDA announced that vaping... Read more »
- Exploring Dimensions of Anger in Teen BoysAnger is a universal emotion, yet it can be experienced in so many different ways—from annoyance to frustration to outrage, to name a few. As a secondary emotion, anger is an umbrella term for a number of underlying issues that are often more easily summarized as anger. While girls are... Read more »