Equinox Residential Treatment Center Helps Hawaii Families Find Success
Equinox Residential Treatment Center helps families around the United States find success through the three pillars of our clinical approach. The three-pillar approach forms a solid foundation for positive growth and development for Hawaii teens who are struggling with the many common mental health issues today.
Although Equinox is not located in Hawaii, our residential treatment center helps young men and their families from around the United States achieve lasting change.
The Three Pillars of our Clinical Approach Include:
- Relationship-Based: At Equinox, we believe developing healthy relationships with staff and peers is an important part of achieve success. Therapeutic connection through relationship is the number one factor for change. To achieve this at our residential treatment center for Hawaii youth, we hire and train our staff to effectively foster and maintain positive relationships with our students and families. Through these relationships healing and change occurs.
- Principle-Driven: Helping young men develop a positive value system is also an important part of our program. We help promote internal growth in our students by a process of interventions directed at helping boys embrace values and become young men of character. When Hawaii boys develop these values and they become internal and solid, that is when change becomes solid.
- Experientially-Applied: This therapeutic approach uses experiences to shift Hawaii teens thinking and perspective both cognitively and emotionally. Many adolescents resist or avoid change; experiential therapy can be new activities that are fun, challenging, uncomfortable, and physical. Through this process, teens receive therapeutic benefits without even realizing it. These activities help dismantle old ways of being and present new and healthy concepts that shift teens to take in new perspectives and ways of thinking.
Residential Treatment Center for Hawaii Teens
Equinox is a residential treatment center for Hawaii boys ages 14 to 18, located outside of Asheville, North Carolina. At Equinox, students are a part of a clinically intensive, trauma-informed, neurologically-based and adventure-filled program. Our residential treatment center for Hawaii teens is unique because, we believe that family is the most fundamental unit of growth and healing. Many Hawaii families who come to our program are frustrated, scared, and concerned for their son. Through our relationship-based therapeutic approach, families see positive outcomes and rebuild healthy relationships with their child.
Equinox is designed for the specific needs of teen boys, which can be difficult to find in local Hawaii residential treatment centers. At our program, we strive to help families find the best therapeutic approach for their son.
Young men who come to our program often struggle with depression, trauma or loss, and emotional or behavioral problems. Equinox uses a holistic approach to treat the mind, body, and soul through multiple forms of therapeutic techniques, academics, community involvement, and adventure.
For more information about how a residential treatment center for Hawaii teens can help, please call 877-279-8925.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) : NAMI is an association that works to eliminate the stigma of mental health, by providing multiple resources for individuals who are struggling with a variety of mental health issues. NAMI offers generalized mental health information, and local resources to help each specific visitor find the help they need.
Wikidata – Wikidata offers an endless collection of data related to specific terms. This resource includes information on a variety of subjects, including mental health. If you are looking for a concise definition of a mental health term, Wikidata would be a good source for that. Wikidata has defined various terms surrounding residential treatment.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Hawaii teens in a Residential Treatment Center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Family Dysfunction
– Low Self Esteem
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Self Harm
– Addictive Behaviors
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Impulse Control
– Adoption Issues
Resources for Hawaii Families Seeking Help
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Hawaii
Some examples of cities from Hawaii which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RTC include: Honolulu Kilauea Haleiwa Kailua Puako
Equinox RTC helps Hawaii families from:
Equinox RTC helps Hawaii families from cities and towns like: Kilauea Haleiwa Kailua Puako Haiku Laie Kaaawa Kaneohe Koloa Princeville
- Emotional Issues In Teen Boys: Getting Teen Boys Talking About EmotionsBeginning from when most children are able to walk, talk, and begin to express themselves they are assigned and enforced upon gender roles. Gender roles are unwritten “rules” created by our society that speak to how boys and girls should behave dependent on their biological or perceived sex. While of... Read more »
- Be their biggest fan: Helping Teen Boys Improve Low Self-EsteemAlthough the issue of low self-esteem in girls is a frequent topic of discussion these days, their male counterparts are being all but ignored; this probably owing to the strength and prevalence of the numerous male role models available for their adoption and admiration. How can boys suffer from low self-esteem,... Read more »
- Social Media Warning Signs for BoysGiven the high prevalence of technology in our everyday lives, children are beginning to become exposed to a much wider range of content at much younger ages. It’s inevitable that children and adolescents are going to be exposed to social media, as well as the risks that come along with... Read more »