Finding Help for Your Iowa Teen at Equinox Residential Treatment Center
Searching for the right residential treatment center for your Iowa teen can be challenging. Equinox Residential Treatment Center offers some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in the country. The Hero’s Journey is an important part of our program at Equinox, we believe that each student has the ability to be their own hero. Through the multiple concepts and phases within the Hero’s Journey, students experience growth and change. Equinox also provides multiple other therapeutic approaches to help each individual’s needs.
Although it is not located in Iowa, our residential treatment center helps families from all over the country.
Some of the other therapeutic approaches our residential treatment center offers include:
- Milieu Therapy: At Equinox, we use an experiential approach that uses the residential environment to help boys observe and experience change in everyday experiences. Milieu Therapy provides intervention that is nearly impossible to experience in traditional therapy settings. Positive peer culture is a therapeutic approach that utilizes the social culture of our residential treatment center for Iowa teens to create healthy changes in our students.
- Adventure Therapy: Adventure Therapy at Equinox, provides students with the ability to have meaningful learning opportunities through recreational activities such as mountain biking, canoeing, hiking, and rafting. Though these activities boys learn how to work together as a team, building trust and caring relationships.
- Psychiatric Services: Equinox provides a psychiatrist on staff who manages the medication and treatment needs of our students. Psychiatric care and medication management are a vital part of the holistic treatment approach. Many of our students who come to our program on medications, have positive responses to treatment that they eventually reduce or eliminate the need for medications.
Iowa Residential Treatment Center for Boys
Success in working with young men from Iowa requires specific and unique areas of neurological, emotional, and physiological emphasis and an understanding of what each individual needs. Equinox is a residential treatment center that strives to have a holistic approach on healing the mind, body, and soul. Our founders have developed a program for Iowa teens that utilizes the best approaches for neurological issues, physical fitness and nutrition, addictions, and adventure therapy to best help boys achieve success.
Boys and girls are different, what supports growth and change for one doesn’t always work for the other. Equinox is unlike any other residential treatment center for Iowa boys because, it is focused specifically on the needs for boys ages 14 to 18 struggling with anxiety or depression, relationship deterioration, recovery from loss or trauma, and addictive behaviors.
Equinox’s residential treatment center is located in Asheville, North Carolina, in the heart of Western Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains. Families come to Equinox seeking help for their struggling son, searching for the best therapeutic plan for their child. As a small residential treatment center, we help families develop the best, individualized approach to create lasting change.
For more information about Equinox residential treatment center for Iowa families can help, please call 877-279-8925.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Iowa teens in a Residential Treatment Center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Low Self Esteem
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Self Harm
– Addictive Behaviors
– Impulse Control
– Adoption Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Social Issues
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Resources for Iowa Families Seeking Help
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) : NAMI is an association that works to eliminate the stigma of mental health, by providing multiple resources for individuals who are struggling with a variety of mental health issues. NAMI offers generalized mental health information, and local resources to help each specific visitor find the help they need.
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) : The AACAP is an organization focused on promoting the mental wellbeing of young people. Their site is useful for parents who are seeking local physicians and information on mental health treatment. They have useful sections that are organized for families by topics relating to the needs of their child or loved one.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Iowa
Some examples of cities from Iowa which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RTC include: Des Moines Cedar Rapids Davenport Sioux Iowa City Waterloo West Des Moines Ames Council Bluffs Dubuque Ankeny
Equinox RTC helps Iowa families from:
Equinox RTC helps Iowa families from cities and towns like: Cumming Johnston Polk City Clive University Heights Waukee Granger Runnells Lawton Van Meter
- Brainspotting Therapy: A New, Innovative Way of Treating TraumaTrauma is any type of distressing event or experience that can have an impact on a person’s ability to cope and function. Trauma can result in emotional, physical, and psychological harm. The short- and long-term impact of any given traumatic event depends partly on the objective nature of the event,... Read more »
- Be their biggest fan: Helping Teen Boys Improve Low Self-EsteemAlthough the issue of low self-esteem in girls is a frequent topic of discussion these days, their male counterparts are being all but ignored; this probably owing to the strength and prevalence of the numerous male role models available for their adoption and admiration. How can boys suffer from low self-esteem,... Read more »
- Beneficial BFFs: Building Relationship Skills for Future Mental HealthBeneficial BFFs: Building Relationship Skills for Future Mental Health As our children move through adolescence, it’s natural to begin building relationship skills. Often, many hit a wall with social growth and fail to make positive advances though. Those that struggle to connect with others and develop social relationships often grow into... Read more »