Residential Treatment Center for Boys from Kansas
Success in working with young men from Kansas requires specific and unique areas of neurological, emotional, and physiological emphasis and an understanding of what each individual needs.
Equinox is a residential treatment center that strives to have a holistic approach on healing the mind, body, and soul. Our founders have developed a program for Kansas teens that utilizes the best approaches for neurological issues, physical fitness and nutrition, addictions, and adventure therapy to best help boys achieve success.
Although it is not located in Kansas, our residential treatment center helps families from all over the country.
Boys and girls are different, what supports growth and change for one doesn’t always work for the other. Equinox is unlike any other residential treatment center for Kansas boys because, it is focused specifically on the needs for boys ages 14 to 18 struggling with anxiety or depression, relationship deterioration, recovery from loss or trauma, and addictive behaviors.
Equinox’s residential treatment center is located in Asheville, North Carolina, in the heart of Western Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains. Families come to Equinox seeking help for their struggling son, searching for the best therapeutic plan for their child. As a small residential treatment center, we help families develop the best, individualized approach to create lasting change.
For more information about Equinox residential treatment center for Kansas families can help, please call 877-279-8925.
Finding Help for Your Kansas Teen at Equinox Residential Treatment Center
Families searching for the right residential treatment center for their Kansas teen can be challenging. Equinox Residential Treatment Center offers some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in the country. The Hero’s Journey is an important part of our program at Equinox, we believe that each student has the ability to be their own hero. Through the multiple concepts and phases within the Hero’s Journey, students experience growth and change. Equinox also provides multiple other therapeutic approaches to help each individual’s needs.
Some of the other therapeutic approaches our residential treatment center offers include:
- Milieu Therapy: At Equinox, we use an experiential approach that uses the residential environment to help boys observe and experience change in everyday experiences. Milieu Therapy provides intervention that is nearly impossible to experience in traditional therapy settings. Positive peer culture is a therapeutic approach that utilizes the social culture of our residential treatment center for Kansas teens to create healthy changes in our students.
- Adventure Therapy: Adventure Therapy at Equinox, provides students with the ability to have meaningful learning opportunities through recreational activities such as mountain biking, canoeing, hiking, and rafting. Though these activities boys learn how to work together as a team, building trust and caring relationships.
- Psychiatric Services: Equinox provides a psychiatrist on staff who manages the medication and treatment needs of our students. Psychiatric care and medication management are a vital part of the holistic treatment approach. Many of our students who come to our program on medications, have positive responses to treatment that they eventually reduce or eliminate the need for medications.
Wikipedia : Wikipedia is a commonly used source for general information on a variety of different subjects. While it’s content is not always 100 percent accurate, experience and educated professionals are often the ones who provide its content. Parents who are seeking general knowledge, history, and other sources related to residential treatment centers will have success using this resource.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) : NAMI is an association that works to eliminate the stigma of mental health, by providing multiple resources for individuals who are struggling with a variety of mental health issues. NAMI offers generalized mental health information, and local resources to help each specific visitor find the help they need.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Kansas teens in a Residential Treatment Center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Low Self Esteem
– Impulse Control
– Grief and Loss
– Addictive Behaviors
– Self Harm
– Social Issues
Resources for Kansas Families Seeking Help
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Kansas
Equinox RTC helps Kansas families from cities and towns like: Mission Hills Leawood Fairway Overland Park Lenexa Prairie Village De Soto Louisburg Spring Hill Shawnee
Equinox RTC helps Kansas families from:
- Emotional Issues In Teen Boys: Getting Teen Boys Talking About EmotionsBeginning from when most children are able to walk, talk, and begin to express themselves they are assigned and enforced upon gender roles. Gender roles are unwritten “rules” created by our society that speak to how boys and girls should behave dependent on their biological or perceived sex. While of... Read more »
- Encouraging Balance When Your Son is Addicted to Video GamesVideo game technology seems to evolve by the month. Games that were cutting edge a few years ago, now seem antiquated. And teens are constantly on the lookout for the newest game or technology to use. We are just beginning to understand technology addiction and our society’s reliance on screen... Read more »
- Be their biggest fan: Helping Teen Boys Improve Low Self-EsteemAlthough the issue of low self-esteem in girls is a frequent topic of discussion these days, their male counterparts are being all but ignored; this probably owing to the strength and prevalence of the numerous male role models available for their adoption and admiration. How can boys suffer from low self-esteem,... Read more »