Finding Help for Your Kentucky Teen at Equinox Residential Treatment Center
Searching for the right residential treatment center for your Kentucky teen can be a challenging process. Equinox Residential Treatment Center offers some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in the country. The Hero’s Journey is an important part of our program at Equinox, we believe that each student has the ability to be their own hero. Through the multiple concepts and phases within the Hero’s Journey, students experience growth and change. Equinox also provides multiple other therapeutic approaches to help each individual’s needs.
Although it is not located in Kentucky, our residential treatment center helps families from all over the country.
Some of the other therapeutic approaches our residential treatment center offers include:
- Milieu Therapy: At Equinox, we use an experiential approach that uses the residential environment to help boys observe and experience change in everyday experiences. Milieu Therapy provides intervention that is nearly impossible to experience in traditional therapy settings. Positive peer culture is a therapeutic approach that utilizes the social culture of our residential treatment center for Kentucky teens to create healthy changes in our students.
- Adventure Therapy: Adventure Therapy at Equinox, provides students with the ability to have meaningful learning opportunities through recreational activities such as mountain biking, canoeing, hiking, and rafting. Though these activities boys learn how to work together as a team, building trust and caring relationships.
- Psychiatric Services: Equinox provides a psychiatrist on staff who manages the medication and treatment needs of our students. Psychiatric care and medication management are a vital part of the holistic treatment approach. Many of our students who come to our program on medications, have positive responses to treatment that they eventually reduce or eliminate the need for medications.
Kentucky Residential Treatment Center for Boys
Success in working with young men from Kentucky requires specific and unique areas of neurological, emotional, and physiological emphasis and an understanding of what each individual needs. Equinox is a residential treatment center that strives to have a holistic approach on healing the mind, body, and soul. Our founders have developed a program for Kentucky teens that utilizes the best approaches for neurological issues, physical fitness and nutrition, addictions, and adventure therapy to best help boys achieve success.
Boys and girls are different, what supports growth and change for one doesn’t always work for the other. Equinox is unlike any other residential treatment center for Kentucky boys because, it is focused specifically on the needs for boys ages 14 to 18 struggling with anxiety or depression, relationship deterioration, recovery from loss or trauma, and addictive behaviors.
Equinox’s residential treatment center is located in Asheville, North Carolina, in the heart of Western Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains. Families come to Equinox seeking help for their struggling son, searching for the best therapeutic plan for their child. As a small residential treatment center, we help families develop the best, individualized approach to create lasting change.
For more information about Equinox residential treatment center for Kentucky families can help, please call 877-279-8925.
Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) : The Anxiety and Depression Association of America provides information and services specifically focused on various anxiety disorders and depression. It is a great resource for both professionals and families in need of more information on these mental health disorders. The anxiety disorders ADAA provides resources on include GAD, PTSD, OCD, panic disorder, specific phobias, bipolar disorder, and other related conditions. They also make it a priority to provide information that educates individuals on stigmas and misconceptions about mental health.
Treatment For Teens : Treatment for Teens provides resources for parents of adolescents who are having challenges with behavioral and emotional issues. Their website contains various articles that discuss specific mental health diagnosis, new research, and current mental health news, which can be helpful for families looking for more information on how to help their struggling teen. Their resources include parenting tips and expert advice to help any parent concerned about their teen.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Kentucky teens in a Residential Treatment Center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Impulse Control
– Family Dysfunction
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Social Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Addictive Behaviors
– Grief and Loss
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Self Harm
– Adoption Issues
Resources for Kentucky Families Seeking Help
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Kentucky
Some examples of cities from Kentucky which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RTC include: Louisville Lexington Bowling Green Owensboro Union
Equinox RTC helps Kentucky families from:
Equinox RTC helps Kentucky families from cities and towns like: Union Fort Mitchell Crestview Hills Villa Hills Edgewood Crescent Springs Hebron Fort Thomas Lakeside Park Walton
- Social Media Warning Signs for BoysGiven the high prevalence of technology in our everyday lives, children are beginning to become exposed to a much wider range of content at much younger ages. It’s inevitable that children and adolescents are going to be exposed to social media, as well as the risks that come along with... Read more »
- Emotional Issues In Teen Boys: Getting Teen Boys Talking About EmotionsBeginning from when most children are able to walk, talk, and begin to express themselves they are assigned and enforced upon gender roles. Gender roles are unwritten “rules” created by our society that speak to how boys and girls should behave dependent on their biological or perceived sex. While of... Read more »
- Relational Trauma in Teenagers: Causes, Symptoms, and TreatmentsMost people think of trauma as something that happens only in cases of abuse or severe violence. However, trauma can occur in any situation where there is a significant disruption in the development of a secure attachment between a child and their primary caregiver. This type of trauma is known... Read more »