Equinox Residential Treatment Center Helps Maryland Families Find Success
Equinox Residential Treatment Center has helped multiple families around the United States find success through the three pillars of our clinical approach. The three-pillar approach forms a solid foundation for positive growth and development for Maryland teens who are struggling with the many common mental health issues today.
Although Equinox is not located in Maryland, we help teens from all over the country find success.
The Three Pillars of our Clinical Approach Include:
- Relationship-Based: At Equinox, we believe developing healthy relationships with staff and peers is an important part of achieve success. Therapeutic connection through relationship is the number one factor for change. To achieve this at our residential treatment center for Maryland youth, we hire and train our staff to effectively foster and maintain positive relationships with our students and families. Through these relationships healing and change occurs.
- Principle-Driven: Helping young men develop a positive value system is also an important part of our program. We help promote internal growth in our students by a process of interventions directed at helping boys embrace values and become young men of character. When Maryland boys develop these values and they become internal and solid, that is when change becomes solid.
- Experientially-Applied: This therapeutic approach uses experiences to shift Maryland teens thinking and perspective both cognitively and emotionally. Many adolescents resist or avoid change; experiential therapy can be new activities that are fun, challenging, uncomfortable, and physical. Through this process, teens receive therapeutic benefits without even realizing it. These activities help dismantle old ways of being and present new and healthy concepts that shift teens to take in new perspectives and ways of thinking.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Maryland teens in a Residential Treatment Center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Grief and Loss
– Adoption Issues
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Impulse Control
– Self Harm
– Low Self Esteem
– Social Issues
Families Trust Equinox: A Residential Treatment Center for Maryland Teens
Equinox is a residential treatment center for Maryland teens struggling with trauma or loss, depression, relationship deterioration, and impulsive and addictive behaviors. Each child’s journey is different, which is why our residential treatment center is specifically designed for young men ages 14 to 18. Through our therapeutic program Marylandyouth build accountability, respect, and develop solution-oriented approaches to solving their challenges.
Unlike other residential treatment centers for Maryland boys, Equinox believes in focusing on inside-out change, rather than compliance. Residential treatment centers historical focus is on compliance; at Equinox, we believe that this approach results in short-lived changes for most teens.
Our residential treatment center works on generating compliance through relationship-based and principle-centered focus. Each teen has the choice to comply, making principles of respect, responsibility, love, family relationships, and personal growth more likely to be experienced and self-sustained.
Equinox is a private, owner-operated program for Maryland youth. Our founders are clinicians, educators, and residential staff, who are an active role on campus daily and are regularly involved in activities with students. We believe that people are the benefactors of long-lasting inspiration and growth in the lives of youth. Which is why everyone involved in each student’s journey at Equinox are qualified, caring professional who have been trained using evidence-based and cutting-edge therapeutic approaches.
To learn more about how Equinox can help your struggling son from Maryland, please call 877-279-8925.
Resources for Maryland Families Seeking Help
Your Little Professor : Your Little Professor is a site that provides various resources for families seeking help or information on mental health issues found in children. While it is mainly focused on helping parents of children with autism spectrum, it has useful resources on other diagnosis’s. This site is good for parents who are seeking treatment programs for their child, articles that provide information, parenting tips, and new therapy approaches.
Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) : The Anxiety and Depression Association of America provides information and services specifically focused on various anxiety disorders and depression. It is a great resource for both professionals and families in need of more information on these mental health disorders. The anxiety disorders ADAA provides resources on include GAD, PTSD, OCD, panic disorder, specific phobias, bipolar disorder, and other related conditions. They also make it a priority to provide information that educates individuals on stigmas and misconceptions about mental health.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Maryland
Equinox RTC helps Maryland families from cities and towns like: Chevy Chase Village Somerset Travilah Chevy Chase Terrace Chevy Chase Brookmont Cabin John Potomac Bethesda Darnestown
Equinox RTC helps Maryland families from:
- Encouraging Balance When Your Son is Addicted to Video GamesVideo game technology seems to evolve by the month. Games that were cutting edge a few years ago, now seem antiquated. And teens are constantly on the lookout for the newest game or technology to use. We are just beginning to understand technology addiction and our society’s reliance on screen... Read more »
- Study Shows Teen Bullying Leads to Mental Health ProblemsBullying is not a new topic for teenagers. It could be tripping someone in the hallway at school. It could be whispers at the back of the bus. It could be missing lunch money. It could be the ping of a comment notification on social media. There is no shortage... Read more »
- Healing Through Doing: Therapeutic Programming At Equinox RTCThere are many challenges that teen boys may face from trauma to addiction to mental health disorders. As a parent, we want what is best for our child, but it can sometimes be difficult to figure out just what exactly is the best option for dealing with these issues. The entire... Read more »