Equinox Residential Treatment Center Helps Minnesota Families Find Success
Equinox Residential Treatment Center helps families around the United States find success through the three pillars of our clinical approach. The three-pillar approach forms a solid foundation for positive growth and development for Minnesota teens who are struggling with the many common mental health issues today.
Although Equinox is not located in Minnesota, we help teens from all over the country find success.
The Three Pillars of our Clinical Approach Include:
- Relationship-Based: At Equinox, we believe developing healthy relationships with staff and peers is an important part of achieve success. Therapeutic connection through relationship is the number one factor for change. To achieve this at our residential treatment center for Minnesota youth, we hire and train our staff to effectively foster and maintain positive relationships with our students and families. Through these relationships healing and change occurs.
- Principle-Driven: Helping young men develop a positive value system is also an important part of our program. We help promote internal growth in our students by a process of interventions directed at helping boys embrace values and become young men of character. When Minnesota boys develop these values and they become internal and solid, that is when change becomes solid.
- Experientially-Applied: This therapeutic approach uses experiences to shift Minnesota teens thinking and perspective both cognitively and emotionally. Many adolescents resist or avoid change; experiential therapy can be new activities that are fun, challenging, uncomfortable, and physical. Through this process, teens receive therapeutic benefits without even realizing it. These activities help dismantle old ways of being and present new and healthy concepts that shift teens to take in new perspectives and ways of thinking.
Families Trust Equinox: A Residential Treatment Center for Minnesota Teens
Equinox is a residential treatment center for Minnesota teens struggling with trauma or loss, depression, relationship deterioration, and impulsive and addictive behaviors. Each child’s journey is different, which is why our residential treatment center is specifically designed for young men ages 14 to 18. Through our therapeutic program Minnesotayouth build accountability, respect, and develop solution-oriented approaches to solving their challenges.
Unlike other residential treatment centers for Minnesota boys, Equinox believes in focusing on inside-out change, rather than compliance. Residential treatment centers historical focus is on compliance; at Equinox, we believe that this approach results in short-lived changes for most teens.
Our residential treatment center works on generating compliance through relationship-based and principle-centered focus. Each teen has the choice to comply, making principles of respect, responsibility, love, family relationships, and personal growth more likely to be experienced and self-sustained.
Equinox is a private, owner-operated program for Minnesota youth. Our founders are clinicians, educators, and residential staff, who are an active role on campus daily and are regularly involved in activities with students. We believe that people are the benefactors of long-lasting inspiration and growth in the lives of youth. Which is why everyone involved in each student’s journey at Equinox are qualified, caring professional who have been trained using evidence-based and cutting-edge therapeutic approaches.
To learn more about how Equinox can help your struggling son from Minnesota, please call 877-279-8925.
Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) : The Anxiety and Depression Association of America provides information and services specifically focused on various anxiety disorders and depression. It is a great resource for both professionals and families in need of more information on these mental health disorders. The anxiety disorders ADAA provides resources on include GAD, PTSD, OCD, panic disorder, specific phobias, bipolar disorder, and other related conditions. They also make it a priority to provide information that educates individuals on stigmas and misconceptions about mental health.
Wikipedia : Wikipedia is a commonly used source for general information on a variety of different subjects. While it’s content is not always 100 percent accurate, experience and educated professionals are often the ones who provide its content. Parents who are seeking general knowledge, history, and other sources related to residential treatment centers will have success using this resource.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Minnesota teens in a Residential Treatment Center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Social Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Grief and Loss
– Impulse Control
– Adoption Issues
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Resources for Minnesota Families Seeking Help
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Minnesota
Some examples of cities from Minnesota which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RTC include: Minneapolis St. Paul Rochester Bloomington Duluth Brooklyn Park Plymouth Maple Grove Woodbury St. Cloud Eagan Eden Prairie Coon Rapids Burnsville Blaine Lakeville Minnetonka Apple Valley
Equinox RTC helps Minnesota families from:
Equinox RTC helps Minnesota families from cities and towns like: Orono North Oaks Tonka Bay Deephaven Medina Dellwood Wayzata Independence Shorewood Minnetrista
- Encouraging Balance When Your Son is Addicted to Video GamesVideo game technology seems to evolve by the month. Games that were cutting edge a few years ago, now seem antiquated. And teens are constantly on the lookout for the newest game or technology to use. We are just beginning to understand technology addiction and our society’s reliance on screen... Read more »
- Be their biggest fan: Helping Teen Boys Improve Low Self-EsteemAlthough the issue of low self-esteem in girls is a frequent topic of discussion these days, their male counterparts are being all but ignored; this probably owing to the strength and prevalence of the numerous male role models available for their adoption and admiration. How can boys suffer from low self-esteem,... Read more »
- Brainspotting Therapy: A New, Innovative Way of Treating TraumaTrauma is any type of distressing event or experience that can have an impact on a person’s ability to cope and function. Trauma can result in emotional, physical, and psychological harm. The short- and long-term impact of any given traumatic event depends partly on the objective nature of the event,... Read more »