Families Trust Equinox: A Residential Treatment Center for Missouri Teens
Equinox is a residential treatment center for Missouri teens struggling with trauma or loss, depression, relationship deterioration, and impulsive and addictive behaviors. Each child’s journey is different, which is why our residential treatment center is specifically designed for young men ages 14 to 18. Through our therapeutic program Missouri youth build accountability, respect, and develop solution-oriented approaches to solving their challenges.
Although Equinox is not located in Missouri, we help teens from all over the country find success.
Unlike other residential treatment centers for Missouri boys, Equinox believes in focusing on inside-out change, rather than compliance. Residential treatment centers historical focus is on compliance; at Equinox, we believe that this approach results in short-lived changes for most teens.
Our residential treatment center works on generating compliance through relationship-based and principle-centered focus. Each teen has the choice to comply, making principles of respect, responsibility, love, family relationships, and personal growth more likely to be experienced and self-sustained.
Equinox is a private, owner-operated program for Missouri youth. Our founders are clinicians, educators, and residential staff, who are an active role on campus daily and are regularly involved in activities with students. We believe that people are the benefactors of long-lasting inspiration and growth in the lives of youth. Which is why everyone involved in each student’s journey at Equinox are qualified, caring professional who have been trained using evidence-based and cutting-edge therapeutic approaches.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Missouri teens in a Residential Treatment Center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption Issues
– Impulse Control
– Social Issues
– Family Dysfunction
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Self Harm
– Low Self Esteem
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Addictive Behaviors
– Grief and Loss
Finding Help for Your Missouri Teen at Equinox Residential Treatment Center
Families searching for the right residential treatment center for their Missouri teen can be challenging. Equinox Residential Treatment Center offers some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in the country. The Hero’s Journey is an important part of our program at Equinox, we believe that each student has the ability to be their own hero. Through the multiple concepts and phases within the Hero’s Journey, students experience growth and change. Equinox also provides multiple other therapeutic approaches to help each individual’s needs.
Some of the other therapeutic approaches our residential treatment center offers include:
- Milieu Therapy: At Equinox, we use an experiential approach that uses the residential environment to help boys observe and experience change in everyday experiences. Milieu Therapy provides intervention that is nearly impossible to experience in traditional therapy settings. Positive peer culture is a therapeutic approach that utilizes the social culture of our residential treatment center for Missouri teens to create healthy changes in our students.
- Adventure Therapy: Adventure Therapy at Equinox, provides students with the ability to have meaningful learning opportunities through recreational activities such as mountain biking, canoeing, hiking, and rafting. Though these activities boys learn how to work together as a team, building trust and caring relationships.
- Psychiatric Services: Equinox provides a psychiatrist on staff who manages the medication and treatment needs of our students. Psychiatric care and medication management are a vital part of the holistic treatment approach. Many of our students who come to our program on medications, have positive responses to treatment that they eventually reduce or eliminate the need for medications.
Resources for Missouri Families Seeking Help
Psychology Today : Psychology Today has a directory of experienced therapists from around the United States who specialize in different mental health fields. They offer various articles discussing new topics in the mental health field, written by therapeutic specialists. Their directory can be used by parents from any state as a resource to find local help for youth struggling with mental health.
Treatment For Teens : Treatment for Teens provides resources for parents of adolescents who are having challenges with behavioral and emotional issues. Their website contains various articles that discuss specific mental health diagnosis, new research, and current mental health news, which can be helpful for families looking for more information on how to help their struggling teen. Their resources include parenting tips and expert advice to help any parent concerned about their teen.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Missouri
Some examples of cities from Missouri which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RTC include: Kansas City St. Louis Springfield Independence Columbia Lee’s Summit O’Fallon St. Joseph St. Charles St. Peters Blue Springs Florissant Joplin
Equinox RTC helps Missouri families from:
Equinox RTC helps Missouri families from cities and towns like: Ladue Frontenac Town and Country Clayton Clarkson Valley Warson Woods Des Peres Creve Coeur Weldon Spring Lake Winnebago
- Social Media Warning Signs for BoysGiven the high prevalence of technology in our everyday lives, children are beginning to become exposed to a much wider range of content at much younger ages. It’s inevitable that children and adolescents are going to be exposed to social media, as well as the risks that come along with... Read more »
- Beneficial BFFs: Building Relationship Skills for Future Mental HealthBeneficial BFFs: Building Relationship Skills for Future Mental Health As our children move through adolescence, it’s natural to begin building relationship skills. Often, many hit a wall with social growth and fail to make positive advances though. Those that struggle to connect with others and develop social relationships often grow into... Read more »
- Emotional Issues In Teen Boys: Getting Teen Boys Talking About EmotionsBeginning from when most children are able to walk, talk, and begin to express themselves they are assigned and enforced upon gender roles. Gender roles are unwritten “rules” created by our society that speak to how boys and girls should behave dependent on their biological or perceived sex. While of... Read more »