Finding Help for Your Nebraska Teen at Equinox Residential Treatment Center
Searching for the right residential treatment center for your Nebraska teen can be challenging.
Equinox Residential Treatment Center offers some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in the country. The Hero’s Journey is an important part of our program at Equinox, we believe that each student has the ability to be their own hero.
Although Equinox is not located in Nebraska, we help teens from all over the country find success.
Through the multiple concepts and phases within the Hero’s Journey, students experience growth and change. Equinox also provides multiple other therapeutic approaches to help each individual’s needs.
Some of the other therapeutic approaches our residential treatment center offers include:
- Milieu Therapy: At Equinox, we use an experiential approach that uses the residential environment to help boys observe and experience change in everyday experiences. Milieu Therapy provides intervention that is nearly impossible to experience in traditional therapy settings. Positive peer culture is a therapeutic approach that utilizes the social culture of our residential treatment center for Nebraska teens to create healthy changes in our students.
- Adventure Therapy: Adventure Therapy at Equinox, provides students with the ability to have meaningful learning opportunities through recreational activities such as mountain biking, canoeing, hiking, and rafting. Though these activities boys learn how to work together as a team, building trust and caring relationships.
- Psychiatric Services: Equinox provides a psychiatrist on staff who manages the medication and treatment needs of our students. Psychiatric care and medication management are a vital part of the holistic treatment approach. Many of our students who come to our program on medications, have positive responses to treatment that they eventually reduce or eliminate the need for medications.
Families Trust Equinox: A Residential Treatment Center for Nebraska Teens
Equinox is a residential treatment center for Nebraska teens struggling with trauma or loss, depression, relationship deterioration, and impulsive and addictive behaviors. Each child’s journey is different, which is why our residential treatment center is specifically designed for young men ages 14 to 18. Through our therapeutic program Nebraskayouth build accountability, respect, and develop solution-oriented approaches to solving their challenges.
Unlike other residential treatment centers for Nebraska boys, Equinox believes in focusing on inside-out change, rather than compliance. Residential treatment centers historical focus is on compliance; at Equinox, we believe that this approach results in short-lived changes for most teens.
Our residential treatment center works on generating compliance through relationship-based and principle-centered focus. Each teen has the choice to comply, making principles of respect, responsibility, love, family relationships, and personal growth more likely to be experienced and self-sustained.
Equinox is a private, owner-operated program for Nebraska youth. Our founders are clinicians, educators, and residential staff, who are an active role on campus daily and are regularly involved in activities with students. We believe that people are the benefactors of long-lasting inspiration and growth in the lives of youth. Which is why everyone involved in each student’s journey at Equinox are qualified, caring professional who have been trained using evidence-based and cutting-edge therapeutic approaches.
To learn more about how Equinox can help your struggling son from Nebraska, please call 877-279-8925.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Nebraska teens in a Residential Treatment Center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption Issues
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Impulse Control
– Family Dysfunction
– Addictive Behaviors
– Self Harm
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Grief and Loss
– Low Self Esteem
– Social Issues
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Resources for Nebraska Families Seeking Help
Mentalhealth.gov: MentalHealth.gov offers local communities, teachers and administrators, families, and youth battling with mental illness various resources on mental health. This site is run by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and includes a database with various local resources families can use to seek help. They also offer advice, addresses psychological challenges, and discuss general information on mental health issues.
Treatment For Teens : Treatment for Teens provides resources for parents of adolescents who are having challenges with behavioral and emotional issues. Their website contains various articles that discuss specific mental health diagnosis, new research, and current mental health news, which can be helpful for families looking for more information on how to help their struggling teen. Their resources include parenting tips and expert advice to help any parent concerned about their teen.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Nebraska
Some examples of cities from Nebraska which may have families who may be interested in Equinox RTC include: Omaha Lincoln Bellevue Grand Island Gretna
Equinox RTC helps Nebraska families from:
Equinox RTC helps Nebraska families from cities and towns like: Gretna Fort Calhoun Doniphan Papillion Waverly La Vista Bellevue Hickman Lincoln Arlington
- Social Media Warning Signs for BoysGiven the high prevalence of technology in our everyday lives, children are beginning to become exposed to a much wider range of content at much younger ages. It’s inevitable that children and adolescents are going to be exposed to social media, as well as the risks that come along with... Read more »
- Relational Trauma in Teenagers: Causes, Symptoms, and TreatmentsMost people think of trauma as something that happens only in cases of abuse or severe violence. However, trauma can occur in any situation where there is a significant disruption in the development of a secure attachment between a child and their primary caregiver. This type of trauma is known... Read more »
- Healing Through Doing: Therapeutic Programming At Equinox RTCThere are many challenges that teen boys may face from trauma to addiction to mental health disorders. As a parent, we want what is best for our child, but it can sometimes be difficult to figure out just what exactly is the best option for dealing with these issues. The entire... Read more »