Residential Treatment Center for North Dakota Teens
Equinox is a residential treatment center for North Dakota boys ages 14 to 18, located outside of Asheville, North Carolina. At Equinox, students are a part of a clinically intensive, trauma-informed, neurologically-based and adventure-filled program.
Although Equinox is not located in North Dakota, our residential treatment center helps young men and their families from around the United States achieve lasting change.
Our residential treatment center for North Dakota teens is unique because, we believe that family is the most fundamental unit of growth and healing. Many North Dakota families who come to our program are frustrated, scared, and concerned for their son. Through our relationship-based therapeutic approach, families see positive outcomes and rebuild healthy relationships with their child.
Equinox is designed for the specific needs of teen boys, which can be difficult to find in local North Dakota residential treatment centers. At our program, we strive to help families find the best therapeutic approach for their son.
Young men who come to our program often struggle with depression, trauma or loss, and emotional or behavioral problems. Equinox uses a holistic approach to treat the mind, body, and soul through multiple forms of therapeutic techniques, academics, community involvement, and adventure.
For more information about how a residential treatment center for North Dakota teens can help, please call 877-279-8925.
Finding Help for Your North Dakota Teen at Equinox Residential Treatment Center
Families searching for the right residential treatment center for their North Dakota teen can be challenging. Equinox Residential Treatment Center offers some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in the country. The Hero’s Journey is an important part of our program at Equinox, we believe that each student has the ability to be their own hero. Through the multiple concepts and phases within the Hero’s Journey, students experience growth and change. Equinox also provides multiple other therapeutic approaches to help each individual’s needs.
Some of the other therapeutic approaches our residential treatment center offers include:
- Milieu Therapy: At Equinox, we use an experiential approach that uses the residential environment to help boys observe and experience change in everyday experiences. Milieu Therapy provides intervention that is nearly impossible to experience in traditional therapy settings. Positive peer culture is a therapeutic approach that utilizes the social culture of our residential treatment center for North Dakota teens to create healthy changes in our students.
- Adventure Therapy: Adventure Therapy at Equinox, provides students with the ability to have meaningful learning opportunities through recreational activities such as mountain biking, canoeing, hiking, and rafting. Though these activities boys learn how to work together as a team, building trust and caring relationships.
- Psychiatric Services: Equinox provides a psychiatrist on staff who manages the medication and treatment needs of our students. Psychiatric care and medication management are a vital part of the holistic treatment approach. Many of our students who come to our program on medications, have positive responses to treatment that they eventually reduce or eliminate the need for medications.
Wikidata – Wikidata offers an endless collection of data related to specific terms. This resource includes information on a variety of subjects, including mental health. If you are looking for a concise definition of a mental health term, Wikidata would be a good source for that. Wikidata has defined various terms surrounding residential treatment.
Wikipedia : Wikipedia is a commonly used source for general information on a variety of different subjects. While it’s content is not always 100 percent accurate, experience and educated professionals are often the ones who provide its content. Parents who are seeking general knowledge, history, and other sources related to residential treatment centers will have success using this resource.
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps North Dakota teens in a Residential Treatment Center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Self Harm
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Low Self Esteem
– Impulse Control
– Social Issues
– Addictive Behaviors
– Adoption Issues
Resources for North Dakota Families Seeking Help
Equinox RTC Helps Families From North Dakota
Equinox RTC helps North Dakota families from cities and towns like: Bismarck Minot West Fargo Fargo Grand Forks Oakes
Equinox RTC helps North Dakota families from:
- Healing Through Doing: Therapeutic Programming At Equinox RTCThere are many challenges that teen boys may face from trauma to addiction to mental health disorders. As a parent, we want what is best for our child, but it can sometimes be difficult to figure out just what exactly is the best option for dealing with these issues. The entire... Read more »
- Relational Trauma in Teenagers: Causes, Symptoms, and TreatmentsMost people think of trauma as something that happens only in cases of abuse or severe violence. However, trauma can occur in any situation where there is a significant disruption in the development of a secure attachment between a child and their primary caregiver. This type of trauma is known... Read more »
- Emotional Issues In Teen Boys: Getting Teen Boys Talking About EmotionsBeginning from when most children are able to walk, talk, and begin to express themselves they are assigned and enforced upon gender roles. Gender roles are unwritten “rules” created by our society that speak to how boys and girls should behave dependent on their biological or perceived sex. While of... Read more »