Oklahoma Residential Treatment Center for Boys
Success in working with young men from Oklahoma requires specific and unique areas of neurological, emotional, and physiological emphasis and an understanding of what each individual needs. Equinox is a residential treatment center that strives to have a holistic approach on healing the mind, body, and soul. Our founders have developed a program for Oklahoma teens that utilizes the best approaches for neurological issues, physical fitness and nutrition, addictions, and adventure therapy to best help boys achieve success.
Although it is not located in Oklahoma, our residential treatment center helps families from all over the country.
Boys and girls are different, what supports growth and change for one doesn’t always work for the other. Equinox is unlike any other residential treatment center for Oklahoma boys because, it is focused specifically on the needs for boys ages 14 to 18 struggling with anxiety or depression, relationship deterioration, recovery from loss or trauma, and addictive behaviors.
Equinox’s residential treatment center is located in Asheville, North Carolina, in the heart of Western Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains. Families come to Equinox seeking help for their struggling son, searching for the best therapeutic plan for their child. As a small residential treatment center, we help families develop the best, individualized approach to create lasting change.
For more information about Equinox residential treatment center for Oklahoma families can help, please call 877-279-8925.
A Residential Treatment Center that Can Help Your Oklahoma Teen
Equinox has helped multiple families from Oklahoma find successful outcomes through their unique therapeutic approaches at their residential treatment center. Our residential treatment center specializes in treating a wide array of issues for young men. Some of the issues young men face when they come to our program include trauma, depression, anger issues, attachment, and addictive behaviors. At Equinox, we use a variety of therapeutic approaches to help each boy based on his specific needs.
At Equinox, believe in treating the whole person. We incorporate an evidence-based holistic approach into our therapeutic methods, rather than focusing on just the problem areas. This allows us to address core issues that are causing a lack of success in boy’s lives.
By accessing the core issues, Oklahoma teens can have a genuine healing process. A holistic approach ensures that physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and relational areas are all integrated into the healing process. If there is deficiency in one are it will impact all other areas.
Some of the therapeutic approaches we utilize at our residential treatment center for Oklahoma teens include:
Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Trauma focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Family Systems Theory
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps Oklahoma teens in a Residential Treatment Center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Family Dysfunction
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Impulse Control
– Grief and Loss
– Social Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Self Harm
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Adoption Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Addictive Behaviors
Resources for Oklahoma Families Seeking Help
Mentalhealth.gov: MentalHealth.gov offers local communities, teachers and administrators, families, and youth battling with mental illness various resources on mental health. This site is run by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and includes a database with various local resources families can use to seek help. They also offer advice, addresses psychological challenges, and discuss general information on mental health issues.
Psychology Today : Psychology Today has a directory of experienced therapists from around the United States who specialize in different mental health fields. They offer various articles discussing new topics in the mental health field, written by therapeutic specialists. Their directory can be used by parents from any state as a resource to find local help for youth struggling with mental health.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From Oklahoma
Equinox RTC helps Oklahoma families from cities and towns like: Nichols Hills Edmond Goldsby Forest Park Piedmont Jenks Bixby Newcastle Blanchard Dickson
Equinox RTC helps Oklahoma families from:
- Dealing with the feelings: How to Help Teen Boys Cope with TraumaHas your teen suddenly become distant or more on edge? This could be a result of normal growing pains or it could be something more. This new behavior can easily be mistaken for a phase or moodiness. But if your teen has recently witnessed or experienced something traumatic, you should... Read more »
- Encouraging Balance When Your Son is Addicted to Video GamesVideo game technology seems to evolve by the month. Games that were cutting edge a few years ago, now seem antiquated. And teens are constantly on the lookout for the newest game or technology to use. We are just beginning to understand technology addiction and our society’s reliance on screen... Read more »
- Emotional Issues In Teen Boys: Getting Teen Boys Talking About EmotionsBeginning from when most children are able to walk, talk, and begin to express themselves they are assigned and enforced upon gender roles. Gender roles are unwritten “rules” created by our society that speak to how boys and girls should behave dependent on their biological or perceived sex. While of... Read more »