Residential Treatment Center for West Virginia Teens
Equinox is a residential treatment center for West Virginia boys ages 14 to 18, located outside of Asheville, North Carolina. At Equinox, students are a part of a clinically intensive, trauma-informed, neurologically-based and adventure-filled program. Our residential treatment center for West Virginia teens is unique because, we believe that family is the most fundamental unit of growth and healing. Many West Virginia families who come to our program are frustrated, scared, and concerned for their son. Through our relationship-based therapeutic approach, families see positive outcomes and rebuild healthy relationships with their child.
Although Equinox is not located in West Virginia, our residential treatment center has helped many young men and their families from around the United States achieve lasting change.
Equinox is designed for the specific needs of teen boys, which can be difficult to find in local West Virginia residential treatment centers. At our program, we strive to help families find the best therapeutic approach for their son.
Young men who come to our program often struggle with depression, trauma or loss, and emotional or behavioral problems. Equinox uses a holistic approach to treat the mind, body, and soul through multiple forms of therapeutic techniques, academics, community involvement, and adventure.
For more information about how a residential treatment center for West Virginia teens can help, please call 877-279-8925.
A Residential Treatment Center that Can Help Your West Virginia Teen
Equinox has helped multiple families from West Virginia find successful outcomes through their unique therapeutic approaches at their residential treatment center. Our residential treatment center specializes in treating a wide array of issues for young men. Some of the issues young men face when they come to our program include trauma, depression, anger issues, attachment, and addictive behaviors. At Equinox, we use a variety of therapeutic approaches to help each boy based on his specific needs.
At Equinox, believe in treating the whole person. We incorporate an evidence-based holistic approach into our therapeutic methods, rather than focusing on just the problem areas. This allows us to address core issues that are causing a lack of success in boy’s lives.
By accessing the core issues, West Virginia teens can have a genuine healing process. A holistic approach ensures that physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and relational areas are all integrated into the healing process. If there is deficiency in one are it will impact all other areas.
Some of the therapeutic approaches we utilize at our residential treatment center for West Virginia teens include:
Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Trauma focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Family Systems Theory
Who does Equinox RTC help?
Equinox RTC helps West Virginia teens in a Residential Treatment Center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Poor Relationship Choices
– Social Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Addictive Behaviors
– Impulse Control
– Adoption Issues
– Self Harm
– Grief and Loss
– Family Dysfunction
– Low Self Esteem
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Resources for West Virginia Families Seeking Help
Wikipedia : Wikipedia is a commonly used source for general information on a variety of different subjects. While it’s content is not always 100 percent accurate, experience and educated professionals are often the ones who provide its content. Parents who are seeking general knowledge, history, and other sources related to residential treatment centers will have success using this resource.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) : NAMI is an association that works to eliminate the stigma of mental health, by providing multiple resources for individuals who are struggling with a variety of mental health issues. NAMI offers generalized mental health information, and local resources to help each specific visitor find the help they need.
Equinox RTC Helps Families From West Virginia
Equinox RTC helps West Virginia families from cities and towns like: Shepherdstown Cheat Lake Shenandoah Junction Summit Point Charles Town Morgantown Brookhaven Kearneysville Bolivar Westover
Equinox RTC helps West Virginia families from:
- Social Media Warning Signs for BoysGiven the high prevalence of technology in our everyday lives, children are beginning to become exposed to a much wider range of content at much younger ages. It’s inevitable that children and adolescents are going to be exposed to social media, as well as the risks that come along with... Read more »
- Emotional Issues In Teen Boys: Getting Teen Boys Talking About EmotionsBeginning from when most children are able to walk, talk, and begin to express themselves they are assigned and enforced upon gender roles. Gender roles are unwritten “rules” created by our society that speak to how boys and girls should behave dependent on their biological or perceived sex. While of... Read more »
- Be their biggest fan: Helping Teen Boys Improve Low Self-EsteemAlthough the issue of low self-esteem in girls is a frequent topic of discussion these days, their male counterparts are being all but ignored; this probably owing to the strength and prevalence of the numerous male role models available for their adoption and admiration. How can boys suffer from low self-esteem,... Read more »